What is Information Architecture
Defining the rapidly developing Information Architecture field has never been easy, Peter Morville does a great attempt in this interesting Prezi.
Sunday March 25, 2012
People like to compare
People have trouble assigning value to stand-alone products. Your customers assign value to objects and services by comparing them to other products.
Saturday March 24, 2012
You can hire me as a freelance interaction designer. Together we'll create beautiful and usable products for web, mobile, tablet and television.Get in touch
- People for inspiration Everything I design starts with the people who'll eventually use it, they determine whether or not your website or app is a success. They inspire, my focus is on online result.
- What does an interaction designer do When someone asks me at a party, I say this: What an architect does for buildings, I do for websites and applications. without me a contractor doesn't know what to build.
- We do it together No surprises, because I take you with me on my trip. My knowledge about usability, interaction and conversion and your knowledge of market and business is a golden combination.
- Ad hoc teams I love working with other experts (usability experts, information architects, analysts, visual designers etc..) whether you put together that team or I help you with it, it works out just fine.
- Who I work for In the past I've worked for both large international organisations and small but ambitious entrepreneurs. Different content but the same methods and approach.
- Web, mobile, tablet, television ... atm, thermostat or other device. I'm always involved with the latest devices and interactions (and beyond). It's not the platform, but the approach that actually counts.
"At Philips, I worked several times with Henk to improve the user experience of the DirectLife service. He has a deep knowledge of his field and has the skills to come up with, and sketch out, creative solutions. Above all, he is a joy to work with."- Gijs de Beer, Freelance designer, while still working at Philips DirectLife
"I enjoyed working with Henk a lot as he lets his outstanding knowledge and experience speak for itself. Henk has a focus both on the horizon and on the smallest possible steps to get in that direction."- Maarten Fugers, Business analyst at Booking.com
"Henks manier van werken en zijn open houding zijn erg fijn. .. We vulden elkaar goed aan .. Henk heeft de kracht om vanuit het niets iets te bedenken, schetsen en te onderbouwen. En dat heeft ons echt verder geholpen."- Carlo van den Berg, Interface designer bij Bol.com